Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:24:57 -0600
Lawrence Gold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

xmame/xmess-0.83.1 is available:

As I compile, I see lots of "warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer
will break strict-aliasing rules" notices rolling by....

I forwarded some patches from bugzilla to the mamedevs, but I haven't received a response about them. If you suspect any breakage due to code that doesn't conform to strict aliasing rules, adding -fno-strict-aliasing should be a good interim solution, though this might produce a less optimal binary.

As smf pointed out, only gcc 3.3+ started reporting these warnings. However, the problems most likely exist with any compiler newer than 2.95 (or whichever version it was that made -fstrict-aliasing the default).