On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM, L Peter Deutsch <l...@major2nd.com> wrote:
> I was using the PyXML parser, but (1) (at least on SourceForge)
> it hasn't been maintained for years,

Nor anywhere else; the sourceforge site is "current", as it goes.

> and (2) (as of the last version I could find, 0.8.4) it has a bug
> that sometimes causes it to not process the very last line of a DTD -- which
> in a well-modularized DTD is often an entity reference that pulls in the
> main content of the DTD!

Are you attempting to only parse the DTD itself, or validate a
document according to the DTD?

If the former, xml.parsers.expat can be made to serve this purpose.

I'm not sure what people are using for DTD-based document validation
in Python these days.

  -Fred