[ could you check your list subscription, I need to manually approve all
  your mails, thanks ]

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:30:36AM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:
> which seems to stem from the forward declaration of usage being static, but
> the actual definition not:

  okay fixed, thanks.

>  cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I./include -I./include -D_REENTRANT -g
> -Wp,-H30000 -c xmlregexp.c -Wp,-M.deps/xmlregexp.TPlo  +Z -DPIC -o
> .libs/xmlregexp.o
> cc: "xmlregexp.c", line 3350: warning 604: Pointers are not
> assignment-compatible.
> cc: "xmlregexp.c", line 3350: warning 563: Argument #5 is not the correct
> type.
[...]
> Where the code is:
>
> #ifdef DEBUG_ERR
> static void testerr(xmlRegExecCtxtPtr exec) {
>     const xmlChar *string;
>     const xmlChar *values[5];
>     int nb = 5;
>     int nbneg;
>     int terminal;
>     xmlRegExecErrInfo(exec, &string, &nb, &nbneg, &values[0], &terminal);
> }
> #endif

  DEBUG_ERR should not be defined and that code should not be compiled
by default it was a packaging mistake :-\

> I'm guessing that since values is not assigned before calling
> xmlRegExecErrInfo it is indeed expecting the call to make a change to the
> values in values[0] and so the fix would be to drop the const:
[...]
> but that was just a guess and could easily be wrong.

   the array is not const, but the objects pointed by the array pointers
should be const. Not a big deal.

> That takes care of 11.11 compilation - I didn't yet try a run.  There are
> some other things on 11.23 IPF (aka Itanium aka IA64) that probably belong
> under separate cover.  They likely relate to there being no shl_load call
> for HP-UX IPF binaries - dlopen et al being the calls used.  Dlopen et al
> are also available on later HP-UX PA-RISC releases, so it may be a matter
> of tweaking some configure stuff.

  sure, send more patches :-), could be a good idea to use the cvs
checkout version for further patches
   ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2-cvs-snapshot.tar.gz

    thanks !

Daniel

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/