Thanks for you help with this, is there anyway I could apply an edit to the *.c
files to push this through the compiler ?. I have the problem that im about
10000 miles away from the server this week, which means I cant do any major
work. If I can get this running, I know I can rebuild it properly next week. I
have mailed the bsd lists to find out if there is a way to resync the libaries
or do anything else os related to bring this back online.

I tested gcc as mentioned the "hello world" app runs and compiles without any
errors.

Thanks again for you help

Alex

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:06:51 -0500
Daniel Veillard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 03:58:14PM -0500, Liam R. E. Quin wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 15:49 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > > On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:29:42PM +0000, Alex Shaw wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > >   paphio:~/XML -> grep __signbit *.c
> > >   paphio:~/XML -> grep __signbit *.c include/libxml/*.h
> > >   paphio:~/XML ->
> >
> > Well, you should search for _signbit or signbit, since the compiler
> > may have prepended the _ for a static/private variable.
>
>   there is two __ and that's usually a convention when remapping a
> public library (libc in that case) symbol to an internal one or a
> macro in the system includes.
>   The signbit() call is from trio the compatibility library (apparently
> the libc is missing some of the "advanced" function libxml2 needs or
> well that configure think it is needed). In this case signbit is for
> floating point portability for XPath.
>
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Desktop team http://redhat.com/