Roumen Petrov wrote:
> Earnie wrote:

>>> It was Kai Tietz who is active in GCC development for Windows and one of
>>> its maintainers who pointed me to the issue resolution.
>>>
>>> See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/38000 for the
>>> discussion.
> [SNIP]
> Above like is fine to follow the thread .
> I'm not against the patch
> a) it will resolve linking issue if libxml2 is build with gcc (mingw)
> and -nocommon flag.
> b) it will resolve issue with new gnu compiler/linker
> c) libxslt and xmlsec for instance use extern for mingw* compilers
>
> Lets first finish discussion on mingw list as libxml and libxslt does
> not use extern for cygwin compiler. If cygwin build is impacted then
> complete patch must cover both woe compilers. Also  another patch for
> libxslt is required .

As discussed on the MinGW list here are the patches for both libxml2 and
libxslt adorning dllexport with extern for both __CYGWIN__ and __MINGW32__.

During the discussion on the MinGW list we discovered the following bit
of information about dllexport:

From:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y4h7bcy6.aspx

The use of dllexport implies a definition, while dllimport implies a
declaration. You must use the extern keyword with dllexport to force a
declaration; otherwise, a definition is implied.

--
Earnie
-- https://sites.google.com/site/earnieboyd/