Thanks Mike! That is really helpful :)

I think I have a basic understanding of how it works now and have figured
out how to compile and execute basic regular expressions.

It's still not really clear what some of the other functions mean though.
There are things about "regular expression context" that aren't really
clear. I probably won't have to use these features though but it would be
nice if they had documentation so I could understand what their purpose is.

Thanks,
Tim