I need to get some clarification on the purpose of persistent connections and
subscriptions.  Up until now I had been under the impression that if I made a
persistent subscription and was disconnected from the server for some reason
(my client crashed, network went down, etc), upon reconnect my subscription
would still exist and I would not have to reissue it.  In addition to this, I
expected that all messages that I missed while disconnected would be queued for
me and I would receive them on reconnect.

Today I tried to test this out by creating a persistent subscription and then
pulling my Ethernet cable.  Shortly afterward I did a state dump on xmlBlaster
and saw that all references to my connection and subscriptions were no longer
present.  After plugging the cable back in and letting my client reconnect I
had no subscriptions.

This is not what I had expected so I jumped onto the xmlBlaster reference book
and from what I was reading it looked like persistent connections would only
come into play if the xmlBlaster server crashed, not if there was some network
disconnect or if the client crashed.  Have I been wrong about the use of
persistence all along?  If so, is there a way for xmlBlaster to queue my
messages while I’m disconnected so that I can receive them on reconnect (and
not have to receive everything that I had already gotten)?  If I can receive
the missed updates only, will I received all updates for a topic or only the
most recent?

Thanks in advance,
Craig McIlwee
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.