Sorry but my initial answer is incorrect. It already (as of ditac v2.2.1) works fine whatever the HTML-based output format.

If you want to instruct ditac to automatically generate ``traditional DITA navigation links'' whatever the HTML-based output format, suffice to pass XSLT stylesheet parameter "ignore-navigation-links" as 'no'.

Reference:

http://www.xmlmind.com/ditac/_distrib/doc/manual/xsltParams.html#xsltParams__ignore-navigation-links