Hello Hussein,

Before you throw up your hands and say "We've been through this!", please give
me just a few lines to present an idea to you.

I understand that you think Word-style track changes is unworkable in XMLmind
for a number of reasons. Ok, in truth I'm not all that fond of Word-style
change tracking either because of all the noise it adds to the authoring window.

However, your current "Compare Versions" feature already has all of the
features that I'd like to see in "Track Changes", except that it needs two
different versions of the document to work. If data that you encoded in
processing instructions at the bottom of the file segmented the changes made
*by session* then you'd be able to compare the document against other versions
of itself, and achieve a version of tracked changes that is actually more
flexible and useful than Word-style tracked changes could ever be.

The fact that an author would need to pause to run a compare in order to see
what he'd done is, frankly, a detail. The feature would nicely fill the
differencing gap needed during active authoring.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Jeff.
--