Good afternoon!

after a question from a colleague who's really keen to move his documentation
set to DITA, I carried out a quick experiment with SVG: to my satisfaction, I
found out that you can include hyperlinks in .svg code.

In the attached file, you should see that the text 'daily Webfocus report ...'
is a hyperlink to an .html file (at least in Mozilla and IE)

Regrettably, it seems that when the .svg file is used as a referenced graphic
in a DITA topic and output to Webhelp (as an .svg) the hyperlink is no longer
recognised. Is this a known limitation, or browser-dependent, or something
else? I would like to have the hyperlinks working, but have not been reckless
enough to tell the my colleague that they will ;-}

Niels Grundtvig Nielsen
technical author T&P
you know what you're talking about - I can help you say it

Worldline SA/NV - Chaussee de Haecht 1442 Haachtsesteenweg
- 1130 Brussels - Belgium
RPM-RPR Bruxelles-Brussel - TVA-BTW BE 0418.547.872
Bankrekening-Compte Bancaire-Bank Account 310-0269424-44
BIC BBRUBEBB - IBAN BE55 3100 2694 2444

"The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment there to be
confidential and may contain information which is protected by intellectual
property rights.
This information is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named
above.
This e-mail does not constitute any binding relationship or offer toward any of
the addressees.
If you are not one of the addressees , one of their employees or a proxy holder
entitled to hand over this message to the addressee(s), any use of the
information contained herein (e.g. reproduction, divulgation, communication or
distribution,...) is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and
destroy it immediately after.
The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may be
subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, for which
we accept no liability."

XMLmind XML Editor Support List
xmleditor-support@xmlmind.com