Hi,

i want to do a simple "ping" to any existing xml-rpc Server, so i cant test if
i have understand basically how xml-rpc works...

I tried this in a jsp-page and think it should work, but it doesn't .
---------------------------->
<%@ page import="java.net.*"%>
<%@ page import="org.apache.xmlrpc.client.*"%>
<%@ page import="org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientConfigImpl.*"%>
<%@ page import="org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException"%>

<%

String address = "http://test.xmlrpc.wordtracker.com/";;
String message= "testmessage";

XmlRpcClientConfigImpl rpcconfig = new XmlRpcClientConfigImpl();
rpcconfig.setServerURL(new URL(address));
XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient();
client.setConfig(rpcconfig);

Vector params = new Vector ();
params.addElement( "guest" );

String methodName = "ping";

    try {
            //  client.execute(methodName, params);
            Object[] result=(Object[]) client.execute(methodName, params);

           /* for (int i=0; i < result.size(); i++) {
                System.out.println (result.elementAt(i));
            }*/

        } catch (XmlRpcException e) {
            //XmlRpcException ex =(XmlRpcException)e;
            System.err.println ("client.excecute failed - " +e.toString());
            message=e.toString()+" "+ e.getMessage()+ "Code="+e.code;
        }
        catch(Exception ex) {
               message = ex.getMessage();
                }

%>

<%= message%>

<----------------------------------------------------------------

error Message ---->

org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransportException:
HTTP server returned unexpected status: Method Not Allowed

Am I totally wrong with that code?

Have anyone a realy easy testing code and a server-adress where i can test it?
I dont want to create an Server, i only want to write an client which can
connect to an existing xml-server...

Anthrazit
WEB.DE MillionenKlick: Kostenlos tippen, täglich 1 Million gewinnen!
http://produkte.web.de/go/07/