On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:19:10 +0200
Mehturt <meht...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Frank Terbeck <f...@bewatermyfriend.org>
> wrote:
> > Maybe for completeness:
> >
> > Frank Terbeck wrote:
> >> thanks for working on this! I tried it out and it seems to work fine
> >> with MP3 files. However, when I put playback onto an ogg-vorbis file, I
> >> get a slew of warnings and the file is not actually scrobbled at last.fm...
> >
> > The files all contain fairly complete meta information:
> >
> > % xmms2 info \#4232
... snip: contained good data, but nothing with source plugin/id3v2.

> > % vorbiscomment -l ~/audio/music/Fear\ Factory/Obsolete/05\ -\ Descent.ogg
... snip: good data

> Yes, I'll fix the script shortly.

The standard way of deciding which plugin to use data from is "source
preference" and implemented for xmmsv_ts in xmmsv_propdict_to_dict [1].
Unfortunately, the analogous function is not implemented for perl. (This
is likely because the perl bindings convert xmmsv_ts to perl-native
datastructures, so that they cannot simply wrap this function.)

I'd be awesome if you could contribute an implementation.

Cheers,

Erik

[1]
https://git.xmms2.org/xmms2/xmms2-devel/tree/src/lib/xmmstypes/xmmsv_util.c#n72