Hi all,

My music resides on quite a slow storage medium, and so when I play
files I get gaps of silence randomly spaced throughout the songs.
Vorbis files tend to have one gap every few dozen songs, while FLAC
tends to have a gap every 30 seconds or so.

Is there any way to tell XMMS2 to cache more of the input file?  I have
tried adjusting output.buffersize with no effect.  I tried changing
ringbuf.buffersize but it turns out this plugin doesn't get used due to
the 'converter' plugin taking over.  If I set 'converter' to a lower
priority and increase the priority of 'ringbuf' then I get a crash with
a mutex error, so I'm guessing ringbuf should no longer be used.

Is there any other way to prevent the gaps of silence during playback
when the storage medium is very high latency?

Many thanks,
Adam.