Hi all,

I've been looking at the xform system and I have a couple of questions
I hope someone can answer:

 * Each xform has a list of hotspots - what purpose do these serve?
 * Why do the auxdata_set functions put the auxdata in as a hotspot
   (xmms_xform_auxdata_set_val), only to have it later moved to the
   privdata hashtable (xmms_xform_hotspots_update)?  Why not put it
   straight into the hashtable?
 * Why does xmms_xform_auxdata_get_val fail to return the auxdata if
   the hotspot pos != 0?
 * Why does xmms_xform_this_read only appear to read up until the next
   hotspot?

This all came about because I am having some issues getting auxdata set
in one xform to be visible from the next, unless I call
xmms_xform_hotspots_update immediately after creating each xform.  I'm
not sure if that's the right solution so hoping to get an insight into
what the hotspots are for and how they are related to auxdata.

It looks like the problem might be that I am seeking the xform back to
the start before creating the next xform in the chain, and in
xmms_xform_this_seek it seems that this action wipes all the hotspots,
causing the auxdata to be removed.  I guess in this case calling
xmms_xform_hotspots_update before the seek is the correct solution?

Many thanks,
Adam.