On 07/03/2012 11:03 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 11:40:25AM -0700, Chase Douglas wrote:
On 07/02/2012 11:44 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
evemu doesn't export this information and even evemu-device just trawls
through the file system to print this info. So do the same here, noting the
time before evemu_create() and the ctime of the new device file. If the
latter is later than the former and the device names match, we can assume
this is our device.

I just want to point out that it's a deficiency in uinput, not in
evemu, in case anyone had any thoughts of trying to fix evemu
instead.

I did try. This could easily be part of evemu, running this exact same code
right after the UI_DEV_CREATE call. Unfortunately evemu_create() takes a
const struct so we can't save it easily without breaking ABI.

Well, evemu could try to guess, just as this code does. What I meant was more that uinput is deficient in that there's no way to be 100% sure. That's the main reason why we didn't bother putting code like this into evemu directly.

-- Chase