> let me rephrase this though: by not having evdev you're missing out
> on user-space components that rely on it, and those are only going to
> get more while maintenance of the non-evdev components will be
> reduced.

One of X's strengths used to be its cross-platform support.  The MIT
sample server had its weaknesses, but it ran on a _lot_ of hardware and
software pairings.

Is X.org dropping - has X.org dropped - that?  Sure sounds like it.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mo...@rodents-montreal.org