Michel Dänzer <mic...@daenzer.net> writes:

> The motivation for this work is fullscreen applications with Xwayland.

I think this could be equally useful for windowed applications as well
as it should allow them to avoid the copy to the window pixmap and
(perhaps) land in an overlay in whatever wayland server is running?

Hrm. If the presented-to window is nested within an outer window, and
that window is the one with the pixmap, I assume this doesn't still
work? I'm not sure this actually matters as I don't think you're
reparenting at this point?

> Not really seeing that. Composite isn't involved with Xwayland.

Ok, just seemed like we were playing in similar areas, avoiding a copy
from the flip buffer to the window buffer.

--
-keith