Michel Dänzer <mic...@daenzer.net> writes:

> On 2018-02-13 04:23 PM, Lukas F. Hartmann wrote:
>>
>> - Xwayland/glamor registers its gbm buffer with wl_drm_create_prime_buffer
>> (passing a fd) which ends up in drm_create_prime_buffer on the server side.
>> I might have made mistakes, but when mapping the gbm_bo on that side (using
>> gbm_bo_import and then gbm_map_bo), it appears that the buffer is empty
>> (maybe it cannot be transferred correctly?).
>
> Unless there's a dma-buf API usage mistake in userspace, it sounds like
> a kernel issue, since the two processes are seeing different contents in
> what should be one and the same BO.
>
> Can you test Xorg with DRI3? Do OpenGL apps work correctly with that?

I just rebuilt Xorg and started it with a minimal modesetting conf:

- with AccelMethod "none", I get a working/visible unaccelerated desktop,
  glxinfo showing softpipe
- with AccelMethod "glamor", I get an invisible desktop (possibly same problem
as
  in Xwayland). DRI3 is enabled which I confirmed by stepping with gdb
  through glamor_egl_screen_init. glxinfo shows "Vivante GC3000 rev
  5450" and "Max compat profile version: 2.1.", glxgears has a high
  framerate. But I cannot see any of this output.

Cheers
Lukas