On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 08:56:26AM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 2/2/24 04:14, tlaro...@kergis.com wrote:
> > I have asked for a merge request for libXau.
> >
> > I will very probably make other suggestions for other Xorg packages as
> > I go on with the work I'm doing around NetBSD.
> >
> > Are the merge requests triggering some note for developers (so the
> > merge request is sufficient per se), or do we need to drop on note
> > on the list to inform that we have something pending?
>
> I am subscribed to get notices of new merge requests on the Xorg repos,
> and saw a mail for libXau.  (There have been some problems with mail
> delivery from gitlab.fd.o recently that the fd.o admins are working on,
> but this mail made it through to me at least.)
>
> I don't know how many other people get them - there is a very small
> number of people who are still paying attention to the Xorg repos
> these days or doing any work on them.

As long as I'm using the code (and, working with Unices, I'm using it), I will
try to help.

For the moment, I will just propose fixes via merge
requests as I go on, and try to split things and explain them so that
they do not require a huge amount of wondering for the ones who have
to accept them, and as long as the current developers
can "purge" the stack from time to time, it's perfectly OK for me.
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/