Hello folks,

since Xorg server didn't have a (major) release for quite some time, I'd
like to discuss how to proceed here.

The major problems I'm seeing right now:

#1 lots of open issues and PRs, but no release planning
#2 a bunch of fixes (mostly bsd) in master, which look like they could
   go to 21.x maintenance releases
#3 lack of server-module API specification
#4 xorg master and xwayland have massively diverged, pretty much a fork

I'd like to propose the following steps:

* gitlab: add xserver-23.2 milestone (realign w/ xwayland)
* go through open PRs, decide which branches they apply (still some
  bugfixes for 21.x ?) and tag them accordingly
* work trough differences between master and xwayland branch and try
  to align them to each other (at some point in the future they should
  be pretty much equal
* document the workflow
* start documenting server-module-api
* potentially deprecate some unused functions

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert