On 7/16/12 5:27 PM, Jess VanDerwalker wrote:

This works correctly for non-override redirect windows. But something
odd occurs with window flagged as override redirect. In that case, the
coordinates for the window are root relative, not window relative. As
an example, if the override redirect window is mapped with x=10, y=10,
width=100, height=100 the first damage event (which is a complete
drawing of the window) would report a damage area of x=10, y=10,
width=100, height=100.

I've seen a couple of bugs that I think could be related. If you can reproduce this without a compositing manager, I'd be interested to know whether either or both of:

a) an X server started with '-extension Composite'
b) an X server built with --disable-composite

do _not_ have this bug.

- ajax