On 9/23/20 1:35 PM, Yuri wrote:
> On 2020-09-23 08:21, Pete Wright wrote:
> > $ xrandr |grep 2560
>

> Interestingly, this command shows nothing after Xorg was started,
> but shows 2560x1600 after the "NVidia settings" program changes
> the resolution to 2560x1600.
>
> I just need to find a way, if any, to do this automatically.

I think we need a better picture of what's actually connected to
your system and what it's reporting itself as capable of. The full
output of xrandr would help, and it would also help to add

Option "ModeDebug"

to the "Device" or "Screen" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf, restart
the X server, and the attach /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Also, and sorry to be so blatantly obvious, but are you sure the Nvidia kernel module is running?

('lsmod' will tell you)...