Thanks Alan and Vladimir!These are very effective clues to help me understand
the whole architecture, but I will need some experiments! :D
I may continue with this thread later to ask questions about the main problem
discussed here (i.e., turning off the screen), if I find my approach feasible!
I think that the kernel structure storing the display state is `struct
drm_crtc_state`, particularly, its `enabled` and `active` fields.
There exists a `linux_pm` mailing list which seems to be related to my
question. But it seems to be for development purposes, and not for learning!
Where do you think I can ask the gpu/power-management related questions at the
kernel level?
Regards.