Hi Daniel,

that is really great. To be honest, I put my own development ideas on
hold, waiting for GTK3. I notice xournal is very much focusing around
the GUI and I thought it would be not very smart to start hacking into
it to do something new based on GTK2 if GTK3 is on the way.

I notice there are already a lot of branches at github now. How about
the sidebar and bookmark system of your students. As I understood,
this needs to be fleshed out into individual patch-sets for each
feature right?
Would it make sens to combine this directly with a GTK3 port of those features?
There is a dual-window branch. Can you tell me a bit about it. Who is
working on it?

All the best

Torsten