Immi Halupczok twisted the bytes to say:

 Immi> Hi,
 Immi> the Next branch doesn't work with filenames containing spaces. For
example,

   xournal "ab cd.xoj"

 Immi> tries to open a file called "ab".

can you check if you have an alias for xournal? both the cl-options
branch and the next branch work for me.

also, try it with single quotes (it should make no difference, though).

   xournal 'ab cd.xoj'

dmg

 Immi> I tried to find out why this happens, but it looks a bit as if it's a
 Immi> problem with g_option_context_parse(); I don't know why it behaves like
 Immi> this.

 Immi> I guess one solution could be to remove the G_OPTION_REMAINING part from
 Immi> entries[] and instead read out the file name manually from argv.

 Immi> Best,
      Immi

 Immi>

Daniel M. German                  "We die. That may be the meaning of life.
                                   But we do language. That may be
   Toni Morrison ->                the measure of our lives."
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .