Mornin',

>>> I just asked FOSDEM how many speaking positions are still available in the
>>> room. I think we should all meet there, give awesome talks and then have an
>>> interactive ask us anything / feature wish panel where people with lots of
>>> embedded experience but little meta programming skill can tell us what
>>> problems they have trouble solving due to lack of library support.

I wouldn’t consider myself knowledgeable enough for a panel in C++, especially
when it comes to Metaprogramming and Standard library support. That language
and library are so complex, they regularly baffle me.

There are quite a lot of languages that work on embedded by now, with even more
capable microcontrollers on the market.
Also consider the push for even smaller Cortex-A class embedded systems running
Linux directly like Googles Brillo, or Amazons IoT platform.

It gets more and more difficult to justify C++’s language complexity in this
context.

>>> What do you guys think? Who would like to give a talk?
>>
>> - Odin
>> - Wouter
>> - who for xpcc?
> Kevin on xpcc and Niklas on how mbed will allow C++11 ;P

I just gave a long talk about something really cool (I’m not spoiling it) as
exemplified by xpcc, which was received very well, but I wasn’t planning on
giving a talk at FOSDEM’16 though.

The submission deadline is the 18th December for Developer Rooms, so I have
about 10 days to make up my mind.
Let me talk to Kevin and my colleagues first though.

Cheers,
Niklas