Hi,

> Could you try writing and reading in chunks of 2 bytes? I just want to
> make sure that it's not a problem with only this length.

I've updated the gist with writes and reads of 2 bytes, which works fine for me.

Ok, maybe another poke in the dark:
There is this thing where page write (= writes > 1B) have to be aligned to the
page size (128B for my chip):

        If a Page Write command attempts to write across a physical page
boundary,
        the result is that the data wraps around to the beginning of the
current page
        (overwriting data previously stored there), instead of being written to
the next
        page as might be expected.

Maybe that could explain why you would get 0xFF as the second byte?

Cheers,
Niklas