Hi,

in an effort to make xpcc build system independent I had a look at the platform generation and therefore the XML device files. To understand how they are set up I wrote a schema against all of them can be validated:

https://github.com/dergraaf/modm-platform/blob/master/tools/device/device/resources/schema/device.xsd

The schema could be refined a bit more (not only string type for attributes) but should be good starting point. Is there a documentation available what the different attributes mean? Especially for the attributes marked as optional the use differs quite a lot between the different architectures.

Cheers,
Fabian