Hi,

I have this card, with two monitors at the same resolution with FreeBSD
and Linux (XFree 4.0 and 4.1)

With Solaris you can use XFree or you can patch Solaris 8 and then works.

I have two icewm, one in first monitor and the other one in the other
monitor, without problems.

I don't test it, but I think that if I change this:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen 0"
        Device          "G400_1"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           16
                Modes           "800x600"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen 1"
        Device          "G400_2"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           16
                Modes           "800x600"
        EndSubSection

Then two monitors will have two different resolutions, no?

Tuxracer works fine :-)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Tom Manning wrote:

> I've been reading everything I can find on this card, and there's so much
> conflicting and outdated info out there I'm getting confused.  I'm running
> Mandrake 8.1 on an older Pentium II, with a BX chipset.
>
> **I know some of these questions are newbie type questions, but if I fully
> understood the howtos and such I wouldn't ask, so please bare with me :-)**
>
> I'm considering buying a G450 for dualhead on my machine, but I want to know
> if I can hook up a 19" (primary) monitor and a 15" (satellite) monitor with
> few problems, at different resolutions. I've heard that matrox has
> antialiasing problems with their drivers though. Is that still true? Does
> anyone have specifics? Can I run it in Xinerama, with one big desktop, at
> different resolutions? Do I have to, or can I have two separate desktops
> running, just sacrificing the ability to move windows from one screen to the
> other?
>
> In short, why would I NOT want to buy this card?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Tom

----
Carles Pina i Estany | Nick: Pinux / Pine / Teufeus
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.salleURL.edu/~is08139/

   Y ahora unas palabras de parte de Telefónica: ´#@Ô?¨È ­joer!..@%$·()&