Coz I use a non-member mailbox last time, so I send it
again by member mailbox

Kevin Huang

===

Hello everyone :

I encounter a strange problem and can't figure out
why. I have a ATI AiW r128 video card & his new Xv
supported driver. When I use DVD player to play mpeg2
file & move other window to clip the video window, the
driver doesn't call StopVideo. But in it's VideoInit
function, it sets flag VIDEO_OVERLAID_IMAGES as below
:

        VAR[i].type |= XvWindowMask | XvVideoMask |
XvStillMask | XvImageMask;
        VAR[i].name = "R128";

VAR[i].flags=VIDEO_OVERLAID_IMAGES|VIDEO_CLIP_TO_VIEWPORT;

According to XFree86 X server "New Design"(DRAFT): The
XFree86 X Video Extension(Xv) Device Dependent Layer
chapter, it mentions that if we set
VIDEO_OVERLAID_IMAGES, StopVideo will be called
whenever the destination gets clipped or moved so that
the image can be left up until then.

My confusion is that how ATI does that it can prevent
the driver to call StopVideo when we clip the video
window.

Does anybody know this & give me a help, Thanks a lot
!!

Sincerely,
Kevin Huang