Hi all,

I am not a XFree developer but I'd like to show a user viewpoint:

X is faced as something strange, misterious and not transparent.

Ex:
Check out the rage 128 driver status (the driver of my complaints):

"Know limitations: none"

Pardon me , is there an errata for XF 4.2 ?

More ? Some time ago I tried in every possible place to obtain a list of Xv
capable XFree drivers...Mission Impossible (support is either accelerated or
non accelerated), and no one seems to know that.

Check out mozilla as an example: I sent dozens of bug reports, and allways
was notified by email about their status, and the developers sometimes asked
for other trials. Even workarounds get posted there.

And well... #xfree86 is silent as a cave...and btw, Mr Mike Harris was one of
the few people that was so kind to answer some questions. It really helped.
Thanks a lot !

Why do #kde, #mozilla, #xine and others have lot's of non developers hanging
and helping people while #xfree86 does not ? Doesn't it mean something ?

Now, since X is at least as importante as KDE or Gnome, is X less suported by
the distros then those projects ?

Keep up the good work  (and build a bugzilla :) )
Gustavo