On Wed, 15 May 2002, dmitri kerievsky wrote:

> when running # xf86cfg -nomodules -textmode I see
> a graphical setup which leads to a step where there are
> a list of video cars, but the ATI Radeon is not there, even
> though documentation says it is supported.
> any ideas what to do?

After you select "Add new card" it will ask if you want to look at the
card database. If you say "no" you will get a list of drivers.
Is the Radeon in that list ?

Supporting every chip is hard enough, keeping a database of every
card and all the names (does the card have different names in different
packaging) is very difficult; chances are that for v4.2 the radeon
developers didn't get around to updating the card database.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna