> From: Gregg Lebovitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: 22 Oct 2002 16:39:09 -0400
>
> I am trying to put together a linux system that will drive 4 to 6 heads
> for use in an transportation operations center. I am using Redhat 7.3,
> xfree86 4.2.0, and the xfree86 drivers from the Matrox site.
>
> I can get one card with 2 heads to work if the card is configured to be
> the primary video controller, however the secondary cards display "junk"
> (looks like memory is not being mapped properly).
>
> Has anyone gotten multiple G450 cards to work and if so can you share
> your configuration with me. Has anyone gotten a single G450 card to work
> as a secondary controller?

A co-worker found the solution on the Matrox mail list. It appears to
be a problem with a dual controller system where one card is a Matrox.

The magic for him was to use the XF86Config line of:
Options MGASDRAM
in the Device section. Just remove the '#'.

This may not fix it, but it worked for him. (He has a 3 headed display
with a G450 and a Radeon 8500.)

Good luck!

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Phone: +1 510 486-8634