On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:04:40PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 21 o'clock on Dec 1, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > No joy. :-( Poking around in xc/lib/Imakefile, I saw a conditional
> > with BuildXFixesLibrary, so I added " #define BuildXFixesLibrary No"
> > to config/cf/host.def and tried "make World" again. Still no joy,
> > but the breakage is slightly different:
>
> $ rm xmakefile
> $ make World

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Is this something I would have known if I knew more about the innards
of imake?

> should fix things.  You'll want to leave Xfixes disabled; it won't be
> included in XFree86 4.3 as it really isn't ready yet.

Okay. I understand that CVS is you-pays-your-money-and-takes-your-chances
grade software, though, so I'm prepared to be a crash test dummy. I've
got a working 4.2.1 installation around here somewhere if I need it.

In any event, thanks again for the tip.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
                -- Walt Disney