From: xplor-nih-boun...@dcb.cit.nih.gov
[mailto:xplor-nih-boun...@dcb.cit.nih.gov] On Behalf Of Charles Schwieters
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:45 PM
To: tuttl...@u.washington.edu
Cc: xplor-nih@dcb.cit.nih.gov
Subject: Re: [Xplor-nih] ensemble reifnement with ATCUN PRE data

Hello Lisa--

> I'm attempting to refine a structure against ATCUN PRE R2 relaxation
> data, but am hitting some errors.
>
> We've successfully added the ATCUN motif to the protein using the
> eginput/PSF_generation/tags/atcun_motif/addATCUN.py script
>
> We've modified an ensemble script (with eefx now working, thank you),
> starting from the newly generated ATCUN-protein.pdb and adding the
> prePot potential

My colleague Guillermo Bermejo pointed out to be that you must be careful
using actun top/par values with eefx- they are not compatible. Things may
work but there are no guarantees.

> rampedParams.append( StaticRamp(setupSBMFmode( pre )) )
> highTempParams.append( StaticRamp(setupSBmode( pre )) )

I think you'll want SBmode throughout, at least initially.

> ---
>
> This will run fine (if not doing a great job satisfying the PRE data), but
is giving an error during writeStructure:
> "Error calculating structure 0: 'PREPot' object has no attribute
'__getitem__'
> Warning: fitting EnsembleSimulation structures"
>
> The bottom of the output file:
>
> ensemble-atcun.py(384):     loopInfo.writeStructure(potList)
> Traceback (most recent call last):

This is a simple bug, which is corrected in the attached version of
prePotTools.py which should be placed in the python subdirectory of
your Xplor-NIH 2.43 distribution.

> So - do we need to explicitly include the atcun.par file in our
> refine runs as is done int he addATCUN.py? Or is the error coming
> from something else?

You should include atcun.par, but all bets are off when used with
eefx. You might try with standard top/par values first.

best regards--
Charles