No, its a different command. `SIAddPointOnCurve adds points as a result of
execution, while result of execution of AddPointOnCurveTool() should be an
activated 'Add-Point' tool in viewport.
Anyway, I used content search inside dll files inside softimage folders
looking for "AddPoint", "PointOnCurve" etc strings and found the correct
name for the command. So there are three commands instead:
AddPointOnCurveToolByCVs, AddPointOnCurveToolByKnotPoints,
AddPointOnCurveToolByBezierKnotPoints
which is kinda logical, since in UI also three commands available. And I
tried some name combos before but turned out I was adding 'ByCVs'  in wrong
place ( AddPointOnCurveByKnotsTool ) heh.