I just tested this in a Xubuntu session with xfce desktop on 12.04 64 bit and I do not have this problem.

Lutz Andersohn

lutz.anders...@gmail.com
(925) 784 1565
D-19318, AFF-I

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/b65/2b6 Public key ID: 0x9620D1A6
On 09/24/2013 02:27 PM, Richard Elkins wrote:
Okay, I conducted a weird experiment.  I pressed Ctrl-Alt-F1 and pretended that the desktop was just covering up the getty login screen.  I proceeded to login as root and I rebooted the system just using the keyboard without the benefit of being able to see what I was typing.  It worked.

So, Ctrl-Alt-F{1,2,3,4,5,6} is indeed being processed but it looks like Xorg or XFCE is covering up the getty login screen.  Why???

Still scratching my head.  Any ideas?