Hello,

inspired and motivated by a G+ thread [1] brought to my attention, I
decided to look again at producing PDF's out of the documentation.

As a consequence, the Wily documentation branch [2] is now able to build
PDF documentation files for the documentation - and all of its
translations! (Makefile experts, feel free to correct my mistakes!)

The stylesheet for the PDF is still pretty bare - I've only fixed things
that were outright wrong or very ugly. That said, if you are interested
in making the PDF version better, get in touch via replying this email
or ping me on IRC [3]. Most of the work now at this point will
(unfortunately?) require understanding or learning of Docbook and XSLT
stylesheets, so be prepared for that kind of hacking.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://plus.google.com/+RobertStreeter/posts/Emw3zcgwK9S
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/xubuntu-docs/wily
[3] knome on #xubuntu-devel (and more) on Freenode

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project         » http://shimmerproject.org/