The first image available for Final Beta testing should be available shortly at the tracker for testing [1]

Due for release on Thursday 24th - we need to test this image for installs and upgrades.

Probably the most important of the pre-release milestones. This is the penultimate opportunity for testing what we'll be releasing at the end of October, anything found during the RC test phase (unless it's going to cause a non-release) is rather too late.

So please roll up your sleeves - grab yourself an image or two and test for all of us.

While people might not think that reporting to the tracker has any importance - it does.

If it ever gets to the state that we only have a /few/people reporting, prior to us releasing for /many/people to download it, we would be in an rather unenviable position.

While the team involved in getting our image in a position for release is motivated and committed to doing so, we are also perhaps too 'close' to see all the bugs, we are totally reliant on users and those of you in our testers LP group to test for us. Even if the whole of Xubuntu Team ran the dev version for a whole cycle - we would only see a few bugs compared to more of us all (users and team) doing so.

What you see now is in the main what will be seen in that LTS release - so if it's not working properly now, then unless we know - it's not going to be working then.

I'll repeat the bug tagging request we have made recently - please tag bugs (for applications) as *xubuntu-exp wily*

Bear in mind that in effect the last few regular releases since 14.04 have all been leading up to the next LTS - the cycle after this.

So, effectively what we are asking for you to do now - is to treat this as an early test for the XX cycle.

While we would hate to do it, if reported tests on the trackers is really low we would have no real option left but to not mark as ready on the tracker - marking as ready is the first stage in releasing the image. Without that release doesn't happen.

regards

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker