On 05/19/2017 01:46 PM, Chris Green wrote:
> I just want the warning message in the GUI to appear when it *does*
> run so that I won't think something has gone wrong and hung the
> system boot process.

This and several related pauses during boot have been the subject of
repeated questions over many years.

I think part of the problem is that they are not seen by many developers
and testers [rightly] using fast, modern machines. On older and slower
machines it is a serious problem, especially if you are trying to
convert a new user.

Long pauses and blank screens are VERY frequent during boot on old
machines. It would be very useful if this could be avoided -- even a
text-only message explaining what it's doing would help.

///Peter