On 05/25/2017 08:34 PM, Gustavo Sansone wrote:
> What I'm seeing frequently, is some users suddenly "miss" files from
> folders and then I find out those files goes to the "trash".
> So, knowing that 99,9% is users fault,

Do you know exactly *what* they are doing to make the files go to the Trash?
Are they right-clicking and selecting Trash?
Or are they dragging and dropping the files?
Or is there some other way they do it?

Finding the cause is a good way to find the solution.

There are some bad side-effects to using graphical interfaces, one of
which is the poor timing between mouse (or trackpad) and screen, which
sometimes means that a bogus click is "detected" while the pointer is
moving, and if that occurs over a file icon, the file can accidentally
get selected and moved. This happens more frequently than you would
imagine, and it is made worse if the operating system suddenly decided
to do some housekeeping in the background, and robs all the cycles from
the mouse-detection routines, because then the pointer location is not
updated, and the pointer jerks across the screen, so genuine clicks can
be applied to the wrong objects. How old are your machines? This problem
is more prevalent on older machines with slower processors.

On 05/25/2017 09:43 PM, fred roller wrote:
> Gustavo, thank you for the clarification.  Perhaps the Dolphin file
> manager has the option you are looking.

The last time I looked (about three months ago), Dolphin was fatally
broken under Xubuntu because someone moved the icons it used, so no
icons are displayed, and it hasn't been updated to fix the problem.
Which is a pity because it was probably the best file manager, and now
it's useless.

///Peter