On 09/04/2017 12:42 PM, Ian Prideaux wrote:
> On 03/09/17 09:08, John R. Sowden wrote:
>> I believe that I am running 2GB ram
>
> free -m
>
> to show us your memory (in MB).
>
> Run top, and type M, it will order by memory usage.

On my old computer, I was running xubuntu 15.04 with 2 GB ram and seeing
an obvious slow-down with FireFox, Thunderbird, and LibreOffice open
along with Dropbox and Insync.

Specifically, I was hitting swap memory pretty hard and experiencing a
noticeable lag on some apps after not using them in some time.

A great panel addition to use is xfce4-systemload-plugin to monitor what
is happening to your memory situation.

My takeaway is that xubuntu now probably needs 3 GB of ram.

Good luck,
Victor

--
Victor Forberger