And, I forgot to say in the last message.....

The freeze up includes the KB, monitor, but my software defined radio
continues to play received audio through the speakers just fine.

Then, without warnings, the computer just resumes running like there was
no issue. In other words, I don't have to restart the computer or do an
asynchronous master reset to clear the frozen screen, mouse and KB.

TIA.

Art