On 08/30/2018 07:21 AM, Brian wrote:
> On 08/29/2018 08:38 AM, Michele Mor wrote:
>> Hi Brian,
>> Jedit is based on java, so I would check which version of java is
>> supported and if you have it installed.
>> It could be that Ubuntu has upgraded to a new version while your jedit
>> still expects an older one.
>>

> Thanks. I've managed to find some more information which seems relevant.
>
>> https://askubuntu.com/questions/695560/assistive-technology-not-found-awterror
>
> I've got to work my way through the options there. I'll post again
> when I've had time to do so.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but having got some assistance
from one of the JEdit authors, it appears that I've somehow got IBM
Java on here as well as other versions. Since JEdit seems to be the
only thing that's been broken, I'm reluctant to do a full
reinstallation to try to sort out the mess, it's a program I only use
for one specific task, and it's easier and quicker for me to write a
small FreePascal utility to do the job. If I find something else
that's broken, that may be a different matter.

Brian.