Hello List,

I hope it’s OK to ask it here and someone will be able to help. I would be
really grateful for any suggestions / pointers at all as I am totally clueless.

I have just installed Xubuntu 18.04. I have no problems connecting to the
internet via cable / plugged in / wired but it won't connect to wifi. When I
check my available networks, the available wifi networks are showing but when I
try to connect it seems to hang for about 30 seconds before I get the message;
"Disconnected - you are now offline".

Can anyone walk me through / advise how do I get my wifi working?

Many thanks in advance!

apt-get update and apt-get upgrade were run. All the software is up to date as
well.

Here is the "sudo lshw -C network":

*-network
product: BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN
vendor: Broadcom Limited
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
logical name: wlp3s0
version: 02
serial: 00:1a:73:b9:b8:70
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=wl0 driverversion=6.30.223.271 (r587334)
latency=0 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
resources: irq:19 memory:f6000000-f6003fff

and "iwconfig" looks like this:

enp0s10 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

wlp3s0 IEEE 802.11 ESSIDff/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr: off Fragment thr: off
Power Management: off

Regards,
Dennis