On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:03 PM, Klaipedaville on Google wrote:
Hello everyone,
Could anybody advise please, how do I keep the xkb map for good in Xubuntu 18.04? What I have in use is only temporary and "session" based so to speak, so after I log off / shut down I have to set it all over again. Any suggestions / pointers would be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance! Here is the code I would like to stay permanent even after re-booting / re-starting. setxkbmap -layout us,ru -variant ',phonetic_winkeys' -option 'grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll'
Regards,
Dennis

Try

sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

See also /usr/share/doc/keyboard-configuration/README.Debian

Regards,
-- st