I did the upgrade today. This one caused some problems, which is unusual. The big one is only a Dummy Output for sound. I can lspci and get results. Killed and restarted pulseaudio. Alsamixer can select between 2 cards, neither of which work (HDA Intel PCH + HDA ATI HDMI).

This is a popular topic, from searching around, but the questions go many versions back. Nothing current, although I've gone over their suggestions where I could. Reinstalled pulse and alsa. There are no custom drivers and it obviously worked before I upgraded.

These are the devices found:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Turks HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6500/6600 / 6700M Series]

Thanks.