On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 3:40 PM Ralf Mardorf <silver.bul...@zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. Replace the CMOS thingy's battery or at least reset the CMOS thingy
> by a shortcut, probably there's a special jumper to do it, read the
> manual.
> 2. Disconnect everything that isn't needed for testing purpose. Special
> PCI cards, USB devices etc.. Reconnect everything that is needed, e.g.
> plug the RAM bars out and in, SATA cables etc.. Maybe replace cables by
> new ones.
> 3. Run Memtest. You can move RAM bars from one to another slot or
> instead of using several RAM bars, just use one.
> 4. For testing purpose connect another machine's power supply. The BIOS
> diagnostics might show that all voltages are ok, but when taking a look
> by the BIOS diagnostics, there isn't anything that does stress the power
> supply.
> 5. Is another graphics at hand? If so try another graphics.
> 6. Connect another monitor by another cable.
>
> Btw. plugging in or out, maybe even using a cheap switching power supply
> for something completely unrelated to the computer can have impact to
> the computer's reliability. Don't charge a smartphone, don't connect a
> cheap radio etc. to the mains. I see all kinds of effects when plugging
> in a cheap switching power supply, e.g. the LCD display of my PC goes
> blank for around a second.

All great suggestions, thank you.

I have decided that it's not worth my time or injured fingers to do
anything with this PoS other than sell it on Craigslist cheap for
anyone who wants to get into the machine and fix it, maybe even make
money on it.

I had enough trouble replacing my last mobo-CPU-memory combo that I
don't want to do that stuff again for anyone else.

Cheers!

Mark