I would rather have ONE language with custom extensions to it and have many
engines that use that language as they see fit. Right now, if someone go the
XAML route, they are stuck with it. Same thing for XUL and every single
languages. And frankly, XSLT transforms are by no mean a solution to this.

I know this will never happen, but it would be VERY nice if people would
just sit down at once and standardize a common core for UI metadata and then
incrementally add possibility to that core as the needs arise.

Sebastien Lorion