Hello,

   Vic Cekvenich (of the world's first Struts book
fame) has written an article for the Server Side
titled "Rich Internet Applications (RiA)" and kicked
off another round of discussing the world beyond HTML.

   Full article @
http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RiA

   Konstantin Ignatyev, for example, comments:

  XUL pushes limits further, but still it is much less
powerful than good old XWindow. Have you noticed that
XWindow engine happily runs UIs written with Swing,
QT, TCL/TK etc.? And certain developers consider
different UI frameworks to be most convenient for
_them_, so any attempts to standardize UI creation
with XUL are doomed because of human nature. Hell IT
fails to stick even with HTML/JScript specs!

  My point: there is a definite need for Rich
applications on demand, but XUL is not the answer,
more precisely it is lame answer that might succeed
for a while to be replaced by more logical solution.
It is like giving a shovel (XUL) to a man who digs
with a stick (HTML), but he really needs a ‘bobcat’
(probably next generation of XWindow).

   Ongoing discussion @
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=2813

   - Gerald

Gerald Bauer

XUL Alliance | http://xul.sourceforge.net
United XAML  | http://xaml.sourceforge.net

Interested in hiring Gerald Bauer? Yes, I'm available.

If you know of an opportunity in Toronto or Vancouver,
please contact me today.